Thursday, September 02, 2004

Turning on the lights

KarmicCalamity.com is now ready to go live... I think.
The first episode of Hold My Life and the preview art for Mass Disruption are now available for viewing, the message board is up and running, and I've linked the site to this weblog. Writing the first post in this weblog was the last thing I needed to accomplish before I felt comfortable uploading the site to it's proper home. I wanted to at least have everything functional before I dumped it on the web, but now I'm stuck fucking around with different blog programs, trying to decide which one to use.
About the content on the main site...the webcomic, Hold My Life, will be updated every other week until it's completed. I wrote, drew and produced the thing in Flash myself. Webcomics seem like a great medium, one I'd like to experiment with here and see what comes out of it. Not having to pay printing costs is great. It'll allow me to experiment more, find out what works and what doesn't, and modify the strips as I go along. Plenty of webcomics are just comic book pages that have been scanned and plunked onto a website, and I want to see if I can come up with original content that's truly set up for viewing on a computer monitor. I'll be playing around with simple animation and audio, and messing around with different window compositions for the actual strips to see what works best.
The other project up on Karmic Calamity is Mass Disruption. This was always intended to be a comic book, either as a miniseries or original graphic novel. It was written by Brent Simons and drawn by myself. Brent did a great job on the story, which made it a blast to draw. It's been in the works for while, but I'd put that comic up against anything being published today. All we need now is a publisher...There's more to come. Lots more. I'll be updating the site every day, unless of course, I go to the bar (which is often), in which case you're out of luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home