Monday, May 22, 2006

5-22 Soundtrack-- Army of Robots

The Heaviest Cure- Army of Robots

I fell in love with this song after seeing these guys play it live for the first time. AOR is a band that, live, has a completely different dynamic than on their recordings. Way more loud, crunchy guitars, with Daggrr yelling the lyrics over the cacophony. It's always a treat to see these guys live.

Anyway, I really dig this song, partially because of the chorus: "How could I walk away from the only thing that ever really mattered to me and become nothing more than a lesson for those who come after me?" I can identify with that statement, and I'm sure Penny could too. Every time we see AOR live, my friend Barry and I always end up leaving the bar singing the chorus-- badly.

I still haven't gotten to use my new favorite AOR song, but it's coming up in the future.

And next week...? Another "name" that some might be familiar with. I'm really looking forward to this one, just got permission Saturday.

Cya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home