Sunday, September 26, 2004

last week... the lost week

I've basically lost a week of my life.

My stomach had been bothering me for quite some time, but I didn't realize that it had become a medical problem until last weekend. It kind'a snuck up on me, y'know?

Occasionally, I'd not feel well, and I'd always just think it was something I ate, or that I ate too late in the evening or glarfed down too many reese's peanut butter cups or some nonsense. Turns out it's probably Gastritis. If I'm lucky.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone out there. Whatever it is, you feel like crap, all bloated and in pain, for hours on end, usually after eating and you don't get much sleep, if any. By the time I had realized that I had a problem going on, I hadn't slept in like, four days, and my strategy to deal with the pain was to not eat anything. That was Monday when I had come up with that plan. By Tuesday, I was in the doctor's office, freaking out.

Luckily, the nice lady hooked me up with some pills that seem to be working little by little. She told me to avoid alcohol for a while and definitely stop smoking, which was followed by a ten minute conversation with this nice, but misguided lady who has never smoked a cigarette in her life, telling me how to quit smoking. I wanted to just smile and say "thank you for the encouragement, but it's nowhere near that easy", but I didn't.

I took a week to rest on the sofa, watch the Star Wars Trilogy, and try to catch up on some sleep. It was a good decision, because although I'm still not 100%, I did feel good enough to play last Friday night @thePit. And I haven't had a cigarette since Wednesday.

Now I just have to get back to work on the site. This is becoming an embarrassment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home